pgsql-server/src/bin/pg_dump pg_dump.c pg_dump.h

From: momjian(at)postgresql(dot)org (Bruce Momjian - CVS)
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql-server/src/bin/pg_dump pg_dump.c pg_dump.h
Date: 2003-03-20 06:26:30
Lists: pgsql-committers

CVSROOT: /cvsroot
Module name: pgsql-server
Changes by: momjian(at)postgresql(dot)org 03/03/20 01:26:30

Modified files:
src/bin/pg_dump: pg_dump.c pg_dump.h

Log message:
It has been tested only against CVS backend, however. Some checking of the
changes to the SQL to retrieve attributes for older versions of Postgres is
probably wise. Also, please make sure that I have mapped the storage types
to the correct storage names, as this is relatively poorly documented.

I think that this patch might need to be considered for back-porting to
7.3.3 since at the moment, people will be losing valuable information after
upgrades.

Will dump:

CREATE TABLE test (
a text,
b text,
c text,
d text
);
ALTER TABLE ONLY test ALTER COLUMN a SET STATISTICS 55;
ALTER TABLE ONLY test ALTER COLUMN a SET STORAGE PLAIN;
ALTER TABLE ONLY test ALTER COLUMN b SET STATISTICS 1000;
ALTER TABLE ONLY test ALTER COLUMN c SET STORAGE EXTERNAL;
ALTER TABLE ONLY test ALTER COLUMN d SET STORAGE MAIN;

Christopher Kings-Lynne