pgsql-server/src/bin/pg_dump pg_dump.c pg_dump.h

From: momjian(at)postgresql(dot)org (Bruce Momjian - CVS)
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql-server/src/bin/pg_dump pg_dump.c pg_dump.h
Date: 2003-03-20 06:26:30
Lists: pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:	/cvsroot
Module name:	pgsql-server
Changes by:	momjian(at)postgresql(dot)org	03/03/20 01:26:30

Modified files:
	src/bin/pg_dump: pg_dump.c pg_dump.h

Log message:
	It has been tested only against CVS backend, however.  Some checking of the
	changes to the SQL to retrieve attributes for older versions of Postgres is
	probably wise.  Also, please make sure that I have mapped the storage types
	to the correct storage names, as this is relatively poorly documented.

	I think that this patch might need to be considered for back-porting to
	7.3.3 since at the moment, people will be losing valuable information after
	upgrades.

	Will dump:

	CREATE TABLE test (
	a text,
	b text,
	c text,
	d text
	);
	ALTER TABLE ONLY test ALTER COLUMN a SET STATISTICS 55;
	ALTER TABLE ONLY test ALTER COLUMN a SET STORAGE PLAIN;
	ALTER TABLE ONLY test ALTER COLUMN b SET STATISTICS 1000;
	ALTER TABLE ONLY test ALTER COLUMN c SET STORAGE EXTERNAL;
	ALTER TABLE ONLY test ALTER COLUMN d SET STORAGE MAIN;

	Christopher Kings-Lynne

pgsql-committers by date

Next:From: Bruce Momjian - CVSDate: 2003-03-20 06:43:35