pgsql-server/src backend/commands/sequence.c b ...

From: momjian(at)postgresql(dot)org (Bruce Momjian - CVS)
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql-server/src backend/commands/sequence.c b ...
Date: 2003-03-20 05:18:15
Lists: pgsql-committers

CVSROOT: /cvsroot
Module name: pgsql-server
Changes by: momjian(at)postgresql(dot)org 03/03/20 00:18:15

Modified files:
src/backend/commands: sequence.c
src/bin/pg_dump: pg_dump.c
src/include/commands: sequence.h

Log message:
> > - Move SEQ_MAXVALUE, SEQ_MINVALUE definitions to sequence.h
> >
> > - Add check in pg_dump to see if the value returned is the max /min
> > values and replace with NO MAXVALUE, NO MINVALUE.
> >
> > - Change START and INCREMENT to use START WITH and INCREMENT BY syntax.
> > This makes it a touch easier to port to other databases with sequences
> > (Oracle). PostgreSQL supports both syntaxes already.
>
> + char bufm[100],
> + bufx[100];
>
> This seems to be an arbitary size. Why not set it to the actual maximum
> length?
>
> Also:
>
> + snprintf(bufm, 100, INT64_FORMAT, SEQ_MINVALUE);
> + snprintf(bufx, 100, INT64_FORMAT, SEQ_MAXVALUE);
>
> sizeof(bufm), sizeof(bufx) is probably the more
> maintenance-friendly/standard way to do it.

I changed the code to use sizeof - but will wait for a response from
Peter before changing the size. It's consistent throughout the sequence
code to be 100 for this purpose.

Rod Taylor <rbt(at)rbt(dot)ca>