Bug #914: Possible bug with regards to multiple persistant connections

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug #914: Possible bug with regards to multiple persistant connections
Date: 2003-03-19 21:55:09
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Philippe Hajjar (phajjar(at)isg-service(dot)com) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
Possible bug with regards to multiple persistant connections

Long Description
The operating environment in which this occurred is:
Apache 1.3.27
PHP 4.2.3
PostgreSQL 7.3.2
Redhat Linux 7.2
ADODB for PHP version 3.10

I have a database with a single associated user account that owns the database. I connect using a to this database and begin a transaction and start doing inserts and updates. However, I want to commit some other data to the same database in a table (unrelated to those being modified through the first connection) outside of the transaction so I open a second persistant connection under the same user account and I write this information using an INSERT. In the first connection, I roll back the transaction and the insert I did under the second connection also gets rolled back. Is this supposed to occur?

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report