postgresql on windows xp

From: Daya Kiran Sunkara <sdayakiran(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgresql on windows xp
Date: 2003-03-14 11:34:48
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Hi
After a lot of efforts I have installed postgresql
over cygwin in windows xp. But when i try to start the
service, it starts and stops automatically. I get the
following message
"The postgresql service on the local computer started
and stopped. some services stop automatically if they
have no work to do, for example the performance logs
and alerts services"

I have added the windows default alerter as a
dependency for the postmaster service. but even then i
get the same message. Does anyone know how i could fix
this problem
Bye
Daya kiran