Re: SFPUG Meetings

From: Keith Keller <kkeller-postgres(at)wombat(dot)san-francisco(dot)ca(dot)us>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SFPUG Meetings
Date: 2003-03-14 00:22:54
Lists: sfpug

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 03:03:55PM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:

> *I* want to have face-to-face meetings. But I am wondering if maybe we want
> to have them in a more informal atmosphere, like a cafe', so that it's ok if
> only 3 people show up. After all, with only about 14 current members, we're
> bound to have a few poorly attended meetings like this one.

That sounds like a good idea. If there is a large head count (that
we know about ahead of time) then we can locate a more suitable
location.

It's probably just me, but I feel like the membership of the list
hasn't really ''gelled'' yet--it's a fairly new list, and so for
me it's difficult to tell what I can reasonably contribute or
get out of sfpug. Maybe a less-formal topic would help get the
semilurkers to the meetings?

> On the other hand, online participation in this mailing list is way down. I'd
> like to hear from the people on this list -- are you still interested in an
> SFPUG? Have people lost interest? Or are you just busy this season?

This season? ;-)

I know I participate in too many lists/newsgroups, and so some get
shortchanged quite often.

--keith

--
kkeller(at)speakeasy(dot)net