RESOLUTION: Re: Bug in AT TIME ZONE contruct between EST and INTERVAL '-05:00' (resubmit now that I am a member of this list)

From: Joshua Moore-Oliva <josh(at)chatgris(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RESOLUTION: Re: Bug in AT TIME ZONE contruct between EST and INTERVAL '-05:00' (resubmit now that I am a member of this list)
Date: 2003-03-14 04:39:03
Lists: pgsql-bugs

A kind person on the pgsql-general list told me.

"This appears to be a simple typo in the pg_proc entry for the function.
The underlying C code thinks it is returning a timestamp without time
zone, but that's not what the pg_proc entry has.

You can fix this in an existing database by doing

UPDATE pg_proc SET prorettype = 1114 WHERE prosrc = 'timestamptz_izone';"

This fixed the problem for me.

Josh.