Re: SFPUG Meetings

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: elein(at)varlena(dot)com, elein <elein(at)sbcglobal(dot)net>,sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SFPUG Meetings
Date: 2003-03-13 23:03:55
Lists: sfpug
Elein,

> Our attendence at our meetings leaves something
> to be desired.  David Fetter hospitably offered lovely,
> and obscure CasaDonde, but only Dan and I showed up.

I'm sorry to hear that.   Should have taken a head count earlier.  BTW, I am
*still* working on that project ... worked 'till 11pm last night and now I'm
back at it.

> Are we having an east bay/SF divide?  Are people
> *interested* in meetings?  What would you like
> to get out of face to face meetings?  What would
> you like to contribute to meetings?

*I* want to have face-to-face meetings.   But I am wondering if maybe we want
to have them in a more informal atmosphere, like a cafe', so that it's ok if
only 3 people show up.  After all, with only about 14 current members, we're
bound to have a few poorly attended meetings like this one.

Alternately, maybe we should only have meetings when enough people are
interested to make it worth it.  I'm afraid, though, that that approach could
soon become a self-fulfilling prophesy.

On the other hand, online participation in this mailing list is way down.  I'd
like to hear from the people on this list -- are you still interested in an
SFPUG?   Have people lost interest?  Or are you just busy this season?

Please, speak up!

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions