Re: Ipc-Daemon under Windows XP

From: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
To: "Pais, Richard C(dot)" <RPais(at)mednet(dot)ucla(dot)edu>
Cc: Pgsql-Cygwin <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Ipc-Daemon under Windows XP
Date: 2003-03-06 16:17:42
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Richard,

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 04:43:34PM -0800, Pais, Richard C. wrote:
> - Like other users I had to use cygrunsrv to install and start
> ipc-daemon.

Please report the above problem to <cygwin(at)cygwin(dot)com>. Hopefully, the
cygipc maintainer will deal with this problem...

> - initdb failed spitting the following message: "The program
> 'postgres' is needed by initdb but was not found in the directory
> '/usr/bin'. Check your installation."
> - To fix the above problem I changed the permissions chmod +x+r+w
> /usr/bin/postgres.exe
> - Running initdb again gave me the error "The program 'pg_id' is
> needed by initdb but was not found in the directory '/usr/bin'. Check
> your installation."
> - Fixed the problem by changing the permissions using "chmod +x+r+w
> /usr/bin/ pg_id.exe"

I believe that the above is caused by a defect in Cygwin's setup.exe
that is being addressed.

> - After the above fixes initdb executed successfully.
>
> The problems were encountered in XP Pro.

Thanks for the above, but please post instead of sending private email.

Jason

Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D 8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6