Re: Yet another open-source benchmark

From: cbbrowne(at)cbbrowne(dot)com
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, cbbrowne(at)cbbrowne(dot)com
Subject: Re: Yet another open-source benchmark
Date: 2003-03-03 12:41:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> OSDL has just come out with a set of open-source database benchmarks:
> http://www.osdl.org/projects/performance/
>
> The bad news:
> "This tool kit works with SAP DB open source database versions 7.3.0.23
> or 7.3.0.25."
>
> (In fact, they seem to think they are testing kernel performance, not
> database performance, which strikes me as rather bizarre.  But anyway.)

That may be a terminology thing; the main SAP-DB process is called the
"kernel," and it's more than likely that the "SAP-DB Kernel" is the sense in
which the term is being used.

When they translate things from German, sometimes wordings change :-).
--
output = reverse("moc.enworbbc@" "enworbbc")
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/linuxxian.html