Re: ECPG include problem

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Mike Alford <mikea(at)syscon-intl(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ECPG include problem
Date: 2003-02-21 07:14:29
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 05:24:45PM +0000, Mike Alford wrote:
> everything is fine. Apparently the preprocessing that Ingres did is not
> happening in Postgres. There are over 2000 lines in db2.h, mostly with
> constants defined in db1.h. Is there something simple I am overlooking, or
> an option to epcg that could allow db2.h to be preprocessed before it is
> included?

Ingres preprocessor does parse C and CPP code as well, ecpg does not. It
only parses stuff after an exec sql keyword is found. The only way for
you get this going is to use "exec sql define" instead of "#define" as
the former is parsed an honored by ecpg. Of course you could as well try
running cpp over the files before but that won't always work.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Email: Michael(at)Fam-Meskes(dot)De