Inquiry From Form [pgsql]

From: Jeff <jmcla01(at)bigmailbox(dot)net>
To: info(at)pgsql(dot)com
Subject: Inquiry From Form [pgsql]
Date: 2003-02-14 14:49:45
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Thanks for the reply,

Is it possible to use the ODBC(postgresql ODBC - ADO) in my Visual Basic 6 applications to where my users(customers) won\'t have to go into the control panel and cofigure any ODBC settings.

Example:

User(customer) downloads application.

User installs application.

User uses(enjoys) applicaton.

User doesn\'t have to configure any database settings(ODBC - postgresql).

Is the above example possible using the ODBC(postgresql)(ADO)... (users like simplicity)

Also, can you recommend any good books dealing with ODBC, ADO.

Is it possible to connect to PostgreSql with ADO.

One more ?, are there any royaltie fees in using PostgreSql ODBC?

Thanks,
Jeff