Function will not back up on 7.2.3

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Function will not back up on 7.2.3
Date: 2003-02-14 21:00:22
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Affects: 7.1.3, 7.2.1 to 7.2.3, not tested on 7.3.x or 7.4dev
Frequency: 100% Reproducable
Effect When Occurring: Object Missing from Backup
Difficulty of Fix: Unknown

For some time, I've been noticing that one of my database projects fails to
back up a few functions every time I run pg_dump. I've seen this since
7.1.3. Finally, I have a sample of the database that invariably refuses to
back up one function.

Given that the database in question uses functions that call other functions
that call views, it's probably some sort of dependancy issue. What can I
ship people so that we can resolve this?

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions