Re: UPDATE slow

From: John Smith <john_smith_45678(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: UPDATE slow
Date: 2003-02-04 22:28:19
Lists: pgsql-general

Just tried it on Linux - still takes 5-10 seconds. Any speed-up tips? Also tried it on MySQL and the update is nearly instantaneous :(.
John
I have about 11000 rows and this query is much slower than I expected:

update stats set clicks = 123;

stats is basically just: id, clicks; with indexes on each. Right now, the query takes about 10 seconds to execute. It's also on windows 2000/cygwin (if that contributes to slowness). Is it normal for updates like this on that many rows to take a while?