Re: Replication

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Will LaShell <will(at)lashell(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL Admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Replication
Date: 2003-01-28 23:57:46
Lists: pgsql-admin
On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Will LaShell wrote:

> > The biggest one I've heard: documentation sucks
>
> This truely is an issue, the documentation can be painful, however in
> reality there is very little to do with it. Run the master / slave setup
> add the tables,  and run the replicate.  I think perhaps the greatest
> documentation work could be done in terms of setup examples, and more
> explanation of the arguments to the various scripts.

would you be willing to submit such?  we're working on packaging up a
7.2.4 for this week, if all goes well, and this would be nice to throw in
... ?

> This is excellent! Now the real question is when will we see this type
> of functionality released back into the community, or will there be no
> future updates of rserv at all? Or?

Worst case scenario, eRServer v1.2 (what I'm talking about here) will be
released by next Xmas(ish) ... there are some features/enhancements that
we are working on right now that will, for our clients, obsolete eRServer
v1.2, so if all goes well, releasing it to the community will happen
sooner ...