(OT?) php, system and perl IO

From: elein <elein(at)sbcglobal(dot)net>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: elein(at)varlena(dot)com
Subject: (OT?) php, system and perl IO
Date: 2003-01-24 20:59:59
Lists: sfpug
I've got an apache webserver using php.
php invokes a perl script using system().
Stdout is correctly brought back into the page,
however, the perl script is also trying to open for write
a file to the (server) system.  The perl script also is trying
to create a file in /tmp and it fails with permission
problems.  The permissions on /tmp are rwxrwxrwt.

I hope I'm missing something obvious.  Does anyone
have any hints?

elein
elein(at)varlena(dot)com     Database Consulting     www.varlena.com

sfpug by date

Next:From: Matthew LanierDate: 2003-01-24 22:36:49