Re: Problems with PGSQL ODBC drivers

From: Harry Broomhall <harry(dot)broomhall(at)uk(dot)easynet(dot)net>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problems with PGSQL ODBC drivers
Date: 2003-01-09 15:30:43
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Henshall, Stuart - Design & Print writes:
> Harry Broomhall wrote:
> > Hiroshi Inoue writes:
> > [Charset iso-2022-jp unsupported, filtering to ASCII...]
> >>
> >> Please try to turn off the *Updatable cursors* DSN option.
> >
> >   Thank you for your quick response.
> >
> >   I have tried your suggestion with no success!  :-(
> >
> >   The problem is as before.
> >
> >   (Note - I tried previously to reply, but the 'From:' header line
> > wasn't set for the list, and the remote mailer had some error.)
> >
> >   Regards,
> >      Harry.
> >
> So that MS Access can auto work out which field to use as a key I first of
> all create a view as a table with primary key and then create a select rule.

   Thanks for your comments.  I wasn't aware particularly of the 'Create Rule'
command, probably because it isn't in the standard!

   I note the manual suggests that using 'create view' is better style
than creating a table and select rule!  <grin>

> A similar thing may stop Excel trying to choose oid as primary key. This is
> assuming that you've already made sure that its not showing the OID column

  Er - I thought that views (created by 'CREATE VIEW') didn't have OIDs
anyway?  So it hasn't got one to show?

> and isn't set to use it as a fake index.

  Can you expand on that please?  I'm not sure what you mean here.

  Regards,
      Harry.