Re: [Npgsql-general] Get function OID and function calling support

From: Francisco Figueiredo Jr(dot) <fxjrlists(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: npgsql-general(at)gborg(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Npgsql-general] Get function OID and function calling support
Date: 2003-01-07 20:45:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

--- Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> escreveu:
> "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk> writes:
> > Sorry, don't know. Can anyone on pgsql-hackers tell us the purpose of
> > the FunctionCall message?
>
> It's used to invoke the "fast path" function call code
> (src/backend/tcop/fastpath.c). libpq's large-object routines use this,
> but little else does AFAIK. The current protocol is sufficiently broken
> (see comments in fastpath.c) that I'd not really encourage people to use
> it until we can fix it --- hopefully that will happen in 7.4.

Ok, as Kristis already said about how functions are being commonly called, I
will implement it this way: transforming the function call into a "select
<function_name>" statement. I already have some working code and I will clean
it and commit it soon.

Thanks all!

=====
Regards,
Francisco Figueiredo Jr.

Busca Yahoo!
O melhor lugar para encontrar tudo o que você procura na Internet
http://br.busca.yahoo.com/