Re: [pgsql-advocacy] www.postgresql.org

From: Steve Litt <slitt(at)troubleshooters(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] www.postgresql.org
Date: 2003-01-07 15:49:53
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general

Yeah,

At Troubleshooters.Com, our experience is that hosting ads isn't worth it.
Word is out that ads are so ineffective, that people are unwilling to pay
even a penny per impression.

Perhaps you could have third parties host small (5 paragraph) essays, with a
link to their website. Bandwidth is about the same as a banner ad, but the
essay, if written right, goes a long way to giving the author credibility. At
the bottom of the essay (or maybe at the top) is a link to their commercial
web page. I think that type of advertising might be effective enough to draw
revenue.

All essays should be valuable to the reader whether or not he or she purchases
the product. But of course, you'll learn/get a lot more if you purchase the
product.

Steve

--
Steve Litt
Author:

(Legal Disclaimer) Follow these suggestions at your own risk.