Re: [GENERAL] www.postgresql.org

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Hadley Willan <hadley(dot)willan(at)deeperdesign(dot)co(dot)nz>,Philip Hallstrom <philip(at)adhesivemedia(dot)com>
Cc: Medi Montaseri <medi(dot)montaseri(at)intransa(dot)com>,Postgresql General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>,PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] www.postgresql.org
Date: 2003-01-06 21:32:15
Lists: pgsql-advocacypgsql-general
Folks,

Currently, Hub.org, the ISP, donates hosting services for the PostgreSQL.org
"master" site.   As the donor, they set the terms under which hosting is
provided, including ads, and we can only ask politely for a change.

If people feel strongly about the adds, I suggest the following:
1) That someone solicit for firm pledges to donate toward hosting costs.
2) Once enough has been collected to pay for one year of hosting, approach
Hub.org and suggest that they switch from ad-supported to donation-supported.
3) Collect the pledges, and *then* switch over.

Bruce Momjian did solicit for hosting donations over a year ago, before we had
the ads.   As far as I know, I was the only person to donate.   So please
don't be hasty to dispose other people's property.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

P.S.: please let's *not* do this by Paypal -- at least one OS project has had
their account cleaned out by Paypal.