Re: Building PL/Perl without fails

From: Daniel Kalchev <daniel(at)digsys(dot)bg>
To: Palle Girgensohn <girgen(at)pingpong(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Building PL/Perl without fails
Date: 2003-01-03 12:39:28
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

While this should be doable (by patching configure/Makefiles), why would you
not want to have

On many systems, the .a files are considered 'development', while the .so
files are considered 'runtime'. Or is the libperl.a on FreeBSD 5.0 different?

>>>Palle Girgensohn said:
 > Hi!
 > With FreeBSD 5.0, there is no installed, only libperl.a. This
 > makes building PL/Perl fail:
 > *** Cannot build PL/Perl because libperl is not a shared library.
 > *** You might have to rebuild your Perl installation.  Refer to
 > *** the documentation for details.
 > I'd rather link libplperl with a static libperl.a than adding a shared
 > to the perl port. Can this be done, or will something break?
 > /Palle

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: D'Arcy J.M. CainDate: 2003-01-03 13:05:55