Re: PostgreSQL Password Cracker

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Dennis Björklund <db(at)zigo(dot)dhs(dot)org>
Cc: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>,Dan Langille <dan(at)langille(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>,mlw <pgsql(at)mohawksoft(dot)com>, Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)tr(dot)net>,pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Password Cracker
Date: 2003-01-02 23:49:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Dennis Bjrklund wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Justin Clift wrote:
> > Very Cool.  The URL for the .pgpass stuff is:
> >

> There is a typo on that page. First it talkes about the file .pgpass and
> then it says: "chmod 0600 .pgaccess".
> I had no idea that one could store the passwords like this. This feature
> is something I'm going to use from now on (now that I know about it).

I looked at CVS and the fix is in CVS head, but not in 7.3.X.

I applied it only to CVS head because I wasn't sure if were were
backpatching docs into CVS.  I was later told we were rebuilding 7.3.X
docs every night so we should backpatch docs.

Also, does anyone know why the development docs are 7.3.1?

Seems if it is on the developers page, it should be CVS head?  Wasn't
that supposed to build on demand?  I don't think that is working.
Perhaps it took too much CPU.

The docs on my machine are based on CVS head and do build on demand:

Both links are on the developers page.

Is someone working to get 7.3.1 announced on our main web site?

  Bruce Momjian                        |