Re: Urgent help need on French language.

From: Jean-Christophe ARNU (JX) <jc(dot)arnu(at)free(dot)fr>
To: "Somasekhar Bangalore" <sbangalore(at)zensutra(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Urgent help need on French language.
Date: 2002-12-31 10:03:16
Lists: pgsql-admin
Le Tue, 31 Dec 2002 14:47:42 +0530
"Somasekhar Bangalore" <sbangalore(at)zensutra(dot)com> me disait que :

> Hi,
>
> I have a postgres database running linux platform.The database has been
> enabled for multibyte support -works fine for Japanese,Spanish,German. But
> when it comes to French..i am able to insert  French data The Problem is
> when i want display the data on the browser, some funny  '?' comes along the
> data.I really don't know what setting need to be done on the database front.
> I would appreciate if some one can throw some light on how to solve this
> problem?

	You should use ISO-8859-1 or ISO-8851-15 encodings to make those characters
"displayable" :)

	It depends on your "front-end". (for java, you only have to specify
"?charSet=ISO-8859-15" at the end of the URL to be given to the JDBC driver)

Regards

--
Jean-Christophe ARNU
Wisdom is knowing what to do with what you know.