Update on PostgreSQL Weekly News

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Update on PostgreSQL Weekly News
Date: 2002-12-19 02:06:54
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hey All,

I've posted a PostgreSQL weekly news to the pgsql-announce list. My current
plan is to send it out Wednesday mornings, since Tuesday nights are good for
me to work on something like this. At this point I'm open to any
questions/feedback anyone might have.

I'd like to send this out to the greater OSS press as well, so that we can get
some continuous coverage on sites like linuxtoday.com. I'm not sure how to
go about that, if anyone has any suggestions or contacts please let me know.
I've spoken with Josh Berkus and he is looking into setting something up to
keep track of subscribers, much like the general press contacts he spoke of
earlier.

It's also been mentioned that we should put up a link on the PostgreSQL www
site for folks that want to "subscribe" to the newsletter. It might be nice
to put a copy on the www site as well in case folks want to view it via the
web, although I suppose a link to the pgsql-announce archives could suffice.

If anyone has any other suggestions for getting the word out, please let me
know.

Robert Treat