Re: v7.3.1 tar ready ... please check it ...

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: v7.3.1 tar ready ... please check it ...
Date: 2002-12-18 20:10:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Marc G. Fournier writes:
>
> > Going to announce later this evening to give the mirrors a chance to catch
> > up ... let me know if there are any problems ..
>
> Plenty...
>
> The release notes are missing at least one item and contain at least one
> factual mistake that needs to be fixed. The HISTORY file needs to be
> reformatted because the line breaks look pretty ugly. The list of

How do you do that? Do you manually reformat the whole file after you
generate it, or do you just cut-paste the new release info into
/HISTORY so the old manual formatting remains? It did line break badly.

> supported platforms needs to be revised and all platforms that have not
> received a confirmation yet have to be moved to unsupported. The INSTALL

Do we do that during the first minor? I can do that if this is the time.

> file needs to be updated to get the list of supported platforms up-to-date
> and the references to 7.3 need to be changed to 7.3.1. A note about the

Marc applied the patch after I stamped it. Marc, do you want me to do it?

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us