Re: Update on replication

From: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: raanders(at)acm(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Update on replication
Date: 2002-12-18 01:13:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> I just got my copy of SysAdmin Magazine and was surprised to see an
> article about Usogres -- The PostgreSQL Replication Tool.
>
> I don't remember seeing it mentioned on this or the General list.  Though
> I just started reading the article and don't have a firm grasp on it yet,
> I do remember a discussion of replication using this technique - described
> in the first two paragraphs.

Glad to hear that. Usogres was developed in Japan and pretty popular
ammong Japanese PostgreSQL community.

BTW, there is a commercial product called QueryMaster, which takes
similar approach to Usogres. It copies the input query and distribute
to multiple PostgreSQL servers. As long as one of a server is working,
users even do not notice some of them are failing.
--
Tatsuo Ishii