ODBC fails connection

From: javier garcia <andresjavier(dot)garcia(at)wanadoo(dot)es>
To: "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ODBC fails connection
Date: 2002-12-17 12:26:26
Lists: pgsql-odbc
I've got MSAccess2000 under WindowsXP and Postgresql7.2 under Linux.
And I would like to use Access as a client.
I've dowloaded the ODBC driver7.2 and when I try to make a source of data I
have three optional drivers:
	PostgreSQL  7.02.00.03
	PostgreSQL+(Beta)  7.02.00.03
	PostgreSQL+Unicode (Beta)  7.02.00.03
I've chosen the first one and I have to fill in several fields in a dialog
window. Here are the fields and my questions:

Data Source: PostgreSQL          ->   Right?
Database: Name_of_my_POstgreSQL_database   -> Right?
Server: IP address of my Linux machine   -> Right?
Port:                       Don't know?
User Name:              Does this user need to be created in the database and
also as a Linux machine users?
Password:             The same question
----------------------------------
I've created a PostgreSQL user but when I try to connect from ACCESS I open
ODBCdatabases; choose Equipment data sources; choose the PostgreSQL (Sistem)
Data source; Accept; and apears a dialog; where I fill in a user name and a
password; butget the following message:

ODBC: fallo la llamada           ->  (the call failed)
Could not connect to the server;
Could not connect to remote socket (#101)
Please. Any help?

Regards

--
A. Javier GarcĂ­a
Water and Soil Conservation Department

Tel.: +34 968 39 63 90
Fax: +34 968 39 62 13

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Alejandro Alfonso FernandezDate: 2002-12-17 12:39:57