Re: For PowerBuilder connect to postgreSQL Q&A

From: Ludwig Lim <lud_nowhere_man(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: hjohnson <hjohnson(at)seed(dot)net(dot)tw>
Cc: PGAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: For PowerBuilder connect to postgreSQL Q&A
Date: 2002-12-13 15:59:03
Lists: pgadmin-support

--- hjohnson <hjohnson(at)seed(dot)net(dot)tw> wrote:
> My env is :
> Client -> Windows Me with PowerBuilder6.5 + psqlODBC
> Server-> Linux Mandrake8.2 with PostgreSQL-7.2-12
> postmaster start
> whit -i -S to share whit TCP/IP connecting.
>
> My problem is :
> I have maked a ODBC of PostgreSQL in Windows Me for
> PowerBuilder6.5 and
> I can open the Database painter to see the table
> list painter. But when
> I click one of tables list.
> It make the pointer as HourGlass and hold the PC
> suspend .
>
> Q1: What key pointer should I need to know to setup
> Linux Server
> PostgreSQL ?
> Q2: Is something wrong when I use PB6.5 with ODBC
> setup ?

- I have worked with PostgreSQL 7.2.1 and
PowerBuilder 5.0. I think the problem is with OS
itself. I believe that there are instances when my
Powerbuilder "hangs" when when I tried to use the
database painter using Win XP. But as far as I can
recall I don't have that problem when I use PB 5.0
with Windows 2000. I'll try to check it again since I
haven't use PB with Win 2000 for quite some time.

- I don't believe that the problem lies with ODBC
since I was able to create database apps using PB 5.0
and PostgreSQL 7.2. Try turning on the logging options
of the ODBC.

Hope that helps,

ludwig