Skip site navigation (1) Skip section navigation (2)

Re: FATAL 1: Password authentication failed

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Godson Retna <godsonr(at)siptech(dot)co(dot)in>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FATAL 1: Password authentication failed
Date: 2002-12-10 19:10:49
Message-ID: 200212101910.gBAJAod16745@candle.pha.pa.us (view raw or flat)
Thread:
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
I recommend getting the newest jdbc driver from jdbc.postgresql.org.  It
should fix the problem.  What PostgreSQL server release are you using?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Godson Retna wrote:
> Hi
> 
> I have tested some java code to connect to PostgreSQL database using 'trust'
> relationship, which works.
> 
> quote:
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ----
> [snathan(at)sip008 security]$ java Sample
> DAtabase :PostGRESQL
> Inside Main of Sample ####
> Here
> Database Driver rg.postgresql.Driver
> Database Datasource :jdbcostgresql://192.168.66.3:5432/test
> Database Login :u_test
> Database Password :u_test
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ----
> 
> 
> 
> However, when I change the pg_hba.conf to have 'password' or 'md5' or
> 'crypt', the connection fails with the above error. But, I am able to
> connect using 'psql' ...
> 
> quote:
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ----
> [snathan(at)sip008 security]$ java Sample
> DAtabase :PostGRESQL
> Inside Main of Sample ####
> Here
> Database Driver rg.postgresql.Driver
> Database Datasource :jdbcostgresql://192.168.66.3:5432/test
> Database Login :u_test
> Database Password :u_test
> Something unusual has occured to cause the driver to fail. Please report
> this exception: Exception: java.sql.SQLException: FATAL 1: Password
> authentication failed for user "u_test"
> 
> Stack Trace:
> 
> java.sql.SQLException: FATAL 1: Password authentication failed for user
> "u_test"
> 
> at org.postgresql.Connection.openConnection(Connection.java:178)
> at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:149)
> at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512)
> at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:171)
> at Sample.getConnectionToDatabase(Sample.java:58)
> at Sample.main(Sample.java:22)
> End of Stack Trace
> 
> at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:166)
> at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512)
> at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:171)
> at Sample.getConnectionToDatabase(Sample.java:58)
> at Sample.main(Sample.java:22)
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ----
> 
> Thanks for your valuable input.
> 
> Best Regards.
> 
> Godson R.
> Chennai, India.
> 
> 
> 
> ---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the unregister command
>     (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo(at)postgresql(dot)org)
> 

-- 
  Bruce Momjian                        |  http://candle.pha.pa.us
  pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us               |  (610) 359-1001
  +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  13 Roberts Road
  +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073

In response to

Responses

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Brian J. HoppeDate: 2002-12-10 20:55:53
Subject: Linking to SQL server
Previous:From: Ian BarwickDate: 2002-12-10 16:35:47
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Patch for DBD::Pg pg_relcheck problem

Privacy Policy | About PostgreSQL
Copyright © 1996-2014 The PostgreSQL Global Development Group