Re: Bug #838: SSL problems in 7.3

From: Nathan Mueller <nmueller(at)cs(dot)wisc(dot)edu>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bug #838: SSL problems in 7.3
Date: 2002-12-10 04:36:54
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> > In 7.3 if a client exists without disconnecting from the
> > database the
> > backend dumps core.
>
> I can't reproduce that.

I'm sorry but you're going to have to send me more info about your
setup. I just did a fresh build on my home machine against Red Hat's
openssl and the problems got even worse. The crashing still happens but
now I get the version error when I use a client and server from the
same build.

Has anyone else tested this? I find it hard to believe the new SSL is so
broken but I've tested this in three different environments with pretty
much the same result. I saw a message on [HACKERS] saying that the
author is MIA -- is that still the current state?

--Nate