Re: [Fwd: Questions on 7.3 version for LinuxWorld]

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Questions on 7.3 version for LinuxWorld]
Date: 2002-12-09 19:23:07
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Neil,

> PostgreSQL has actively been
> adding ANSI SQL features for many years and is now one of the most ANSI
> SQL compliant databases in existence. [is this true?]

Depends on how you measure compliance. For example, FrontBase only
implements about 65% of the standard, but what it does implement is 100%
compliant. So, does one call them 65% or 100% compliant? Or what?

However, by *whatever* measure, we are more compliant than MSSQL, Oracle,
Informix, or MySQL.

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions