postmaster7.3b5 service in Win2k cannot work properly

From: William(dot)Jiang <jiang_sir(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)cn>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postmaster7.3b5 service in Win2k cannot work properly
Date: 2002-12-02 02:28:47
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi,all

I encounter a serious problem. I have made postmaster(7.3b5) run as a service in Win2k using cygrunsrv. But everytime I shutdown windows properly and then start it.postmaster service cannot start . It leave a postmaster.pid in the data directory and ipc cannot be realeased properly . I have to remove the postmaster.pid myself and restart ipc-daemon.

How can I make it work properly!

Wish your kind help!

Best wishes!

Yours, William