more information on OSX pg_dump problem

From: Theodore Petrosky <tedpet5(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: more information on OSX pg_dump problem
Date: 2002-11-24 22:33:55
Lists: pgsql-bugs
So, as I said I have a problem restoring data created
with pg_dump. Here is something interesting.

The pg_dump file contains a couple of tables. Some of
them are working. If I go to the line that psql is
telling me is failing, I find the commands to begin
recreating the table:
COPY "fcopenjobs"  FROM stdin;
If I copy and paste the lines (from the dump file)
into psql one by one, it will input fine. However, If
I cut and paste more that two lines, the input fails.
To me (and I have limited knowledge) it appears that
there is some delay that is making things get out of
sync. If  there were some way to 'slow down' the paste
it may work.

There appears to be a problem here. Any help will be
appreciated.

BTW, I had the same problem with 7.3 beta 5. I
downgraded to 7.2.3 because I thought that was the
problem. Now I know that I can go back to 7.3b5 and
have the same problem.
Thanks,

Ted