pg_dump and Mac osx

From: Theodore Petrosky <tedpet5(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_dump and Mac osx
Date: 2002-11-24 19:37:18
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I seem to have a little problem here. I have a pg_dump
file that I created with pg 7.1.3 that I just can not
seem to get to load into 7.2.3.

I know that I used the dump file to migrate to 7.2.3
originally, however in upgrading to osx 10.2.2 it
doen't seem to work when I try to use psql:

psql dbname <oj.out

gives me errors that I just don't expect.
CREATE
ERROR: copy: line 2, value too long for type
character varying(10)
lost synchronization with server, resetting connection
ERROR: copy: line 1, Bad timestamp external
representation ''
lost synchronization with server, resetting connection
CREATE

This dump file worked before... I am beginning to
suspect that osx 10.2.2 is 'doing' something.

If someone can help me try to track down the problem.
I would gladly send you the dump file. I am at a loss.

Ted