Re: Getting a list of tables in a database with Perl

From: Andrew Magnus <xanadian99(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Getting a list of tables in a database with Perl
Date: 2002-11-20 00:23:32
Lists: pgsql-general
I am, actually, using DBI.  I'm using Postgres on Linux with Perl 5.8. What I'm trying to do is this:  the script checks to see if a table exists in the database, and if it doesn't, it creates it.  It then carries the name of the table in a $variable for use with inserting, etc.  That's it. Thanks.  --andrew: --are you looking for just a list of tables, or, are you trying--to do something with the tables (insert / update / copy / etc)?--also, what database are you using and on what platform? --you may end up installing and using a DBI::DBD module. --i am running PostgreSQL on a Linux platform ... if i can help,--just post again and i'll submit the few examples i have. --laters! -X -----Original Message-----