DBD::Pg and 7.3: status?

From: Ian Barwick <barwick(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: DBD::Pg and 7.3: status?
Date: 2002-11-17 16:44:34
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I was just wondering how DBD::Pg was coming along for 7.3
(especially regarding schema support)... And just realised
that I should have been reading the DBI lists more attentively
over the past few weeks ;-)

Can anyone tell me:

- what is DBD::Pg's current status?

i.e. is there anything akin to an alpha release, or even a beta?
Or a release schedule?

AFAICS on gborg, judging from the state of the CVS repository, the
following list:

Quick list of things needed to get ready for 7.3:

* Version detection and routing (and add to test section)
* Rewrite SQL calls to use pg_catalog, etc.
* Handle autocommit changes
* Merge any older, unapplied patches
* Prepared statements?
* Other schema support?

( http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/dbdpg/bugs/bugupdate.php?378 )

is stil very much open ( :-( ). (Though I don't know if any work was
carried out before the initial commit).

- where do the developers hang out, if at all?

The gborg mailing list is looking rather lonely:

http://gborg.postgresql.org/pipermail/dbdpg-general/

Most of the activity seems to be on the dbi-dev list.

- Err, can I join in ?

Yours

Ian Barwick
barwick(at)gmx(dot)net