Re: PQcmdTuples() declaration

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Payman <payman(at)Club-Internet(dot)fr>
Cc: Michael Klatt <mdklatt(at)ou(dot)edu>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PQcmdTuples() declaration
Date: 2002-11-08 05:11:01
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I am not sure how to deal with this. I have updated the 7.3/CVS docs to
match the include file and code, which has no consts.

The issue with PQcmdTuples() and PQcmdStatus() are that they return
*result structure member pointers. The patch makes the *result a const,
then we have to return the values as const's. The code compiled OK, so
I assume that is fine. How does that sound to others, or should we keep
the result non-const?

Payman wrote:
> Hi Michael
> I am running version 7.2.3 on MacOS X and seam thing
> I think this is a doc probleme .
> Strange my doc is a 7.2.1 documentation and 7.2.3 Package.
> If you change the include file you must rebuild all postgresql .
> you dont have link error ?
>
> Payman
>
> >I am running version 7.1.3, installed as an RPM from Red Hat. According to
> >the documentation for libpq, function PQcmdTuples is declared as
> >'PQcmdTuples(const PGresult*)'. In my 'libpq-fe.h' include file it is
> >declared as 'PQcmdTuples(PGresult*)' (no const). Is this an error in the
> >documentation or my include file? I have changed the include file to match
> >the documentation, and I haven't noticed any negative effects so far.

Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/plain 4.5 KB