Re: PQcmdTuples() declaration

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Payman <payman(at)Club-Internet(dot)fr>
Cc: Michael Klatt <mdklatt(at)ou(dot)edu>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PQcmdTuples() declaration
Date: 2002-11-08 05:11:01
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
I am not sure how to deal with this.  I have updated the 7.3/CVS docs to
match the include file and code, which has no consts.

The issue with PQcmdTuples() and PQcmdStatus() are that they return
*result structure member pointers.  The patch makes the *result a const,
then we have to return the values as const's.  The code compiled OK, so
I assume that is fine.  How does that sound to others, or should we keep
the result non-const?