setuid for defaults, constraints and triggers (Was: What user to [sic] defaults execute as?)

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: setuid for defaults, constraints and triggers (Was: What user to [sic] defaults execute as?)
Date: 2002-10-31 14:54:02
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Constraints also run as the user modifying a table instead of the table
owner.
Again I don't see a good reason to want to execute constraints as the
user modifying a table. But I do think there can be reasons to want to
execute them as the table owner.

To summarize, my suggestion for change is:

Execute default expressions and constraints as the owner of the table.
Execute triggers as the owner of the trigger.