Fwd: Re: First meeting?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Fwd: Re: First meeting?
Date: 2002-10-28 21:28:11
Lists: sfpug

Subject: Re: [sfpug] First meeting?
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 13:25:47 -0800 (PST)
From: Laurette Cisneros <laurette(at)nextbus(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>

On Sun, 27 Oct 2002, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I'd like to begin discussing the first meeting of the San Francisco Bay
> Area PostgreSQL User's Group.   If possible, I'd like to hold it in
> early November.   Since it'll take a lot of back-and-forth on this list
> to find out what works for most people, let's get started.
>
> The idea of the meeting voting is for you to select your preferences in
> answer to each question, in order, rather than just checking off one
> option.  I'll give you an example with my vote, below the questions.
>

> 0) Are you interested in having in-person PostgreSQL Users Group
> meetings?  (Yes/No) (skip the rest if No)

Yes.

> 1) How often should our group meet?
> _1_	a. Bimonthly
> ___	b. Monthly
>
> 2) Where should we meet, regionally?
> _2_	a. East Bay
> _3_	b. San Francisco
> _1_	c. Alternating East Bay and SF
> ___	d. Somewhere else: _________________________
>
> 3) What day and time should we meet?
> ___	a. Monday Evening
> _1_	b. Tuesday Evening
> _2_	c. Wednesday Evening
> ___	d. Thursday Evening
> ___	e. Friday Evening
> ___	f. On the Weekend
>
> 4)a) If we meet on a weekday evening, what should the meeting format
> be?
> _1_	a. Dinner, Presentations, Schmoozing
> _2_	b. After-dinner schmoozing, presentations.
> _3_	c. Completely informal schmoozing
>
> 4)b) If we meed on a weekend, what time and format do you picture?
> 	___Lunch, presentations, smoozing__________________
>

> 5) Do you have connections with a place or places that we can meet?  If
> so, where, how much would it cost, and what advantages and
> disadvantages does it have?
> 	_No_________________________________________________
>
> 6) Would you rather hold our first meeting in the first (full) week of
> November, the second week, the third week, or some later date?
> _1_	a. First full week of Novemeber (4th -10th)
> _2_	b. second week (11th-16th)
> _3_	c. third week (18th-24th)
> _4_	d. some other time: ________________________

Thanks!

--
Laurette Cisneros
The Database Group

-Josh Berkus

                                        Josh Berkus
   Complete information technology 	josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
    and data management solutions 	(415) 565-7293
   for law firms, small businesses 	 fax 621-2533
    and non-profit organizations. 	San Francisco

sfpug by date

Next:From: onecHOMEDate: 2002-11-01 10:55:25