Re: Introductions

From: Sean Chittenden <sean(at)chittenden(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Introductions
Date: 2002-10-27 19:42:59
Lists: sfpug

> > From reading the other posts, it looks like I might be the lone
> > developer among DBAs. That's good -- I could stand to learn a lot
> > from you all!
>
> Guess again. <grin>
>
> BTW, we have some new members to the mailing list. Curiously, one
> has a .au domain and one a .jp. You people working in the area?
> Please, introduce yourselves!

Add another developer/DBA/sysadmin to the lot. I'm toil in all kinds
of stuff and most of it ends up in a PostgreSQL database someplace.

As for interests w/ Pg, recently I've become a time series junkie and
seem to be spending most of my time collating and aggregating
statistical information. Blek. On a more interesting note, however,
I'm hoping to eventually offer some pl/Ruby code (possibly C too)
that'll let folks use PostgreSQL to store and search for XML documents
using XPath. I did some development using Versant once upon a time
that went from XML->Object->OODB and I've been hooked on the idea
since. With PostgreSQL I think the best we'll be able to do is
XML->CLOB and then run over the clob with some PL magic that'll let
you extract portions of the document via XPath. Someday though, I
tend to stretch myself too thin. :)

-sc

--
Sean Chittenden