Introduction

From: elein <elein(at)sbcglobal(dot)net>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: elein(at)norcov(dot)com
Subject: Introduction
Date: 2002-10-25 02:45:52
Lists: sfpug
Hi all...

Here is my resume, ahem, intro...

Currently -- writing a book on extensibility for PostgreSQL
		and doing various PostgreSQL consulting jobs.
NextBus -- was responsible for bringing PostgreSQL into NextBus
		and did the initial design & implementation. (Hi, Laurette!)
Informix -- technical manager of datablade api for informix IUS
		(the basis for extensibility in Informix)
Illustra    -- client tools, sybase gateway
Miro'       -- Miro' became Montage which became Illustra which was
		bought  by Informix

Ingres	-- Windows4GL Reporting Tools Architect

My webpage is http://www.norcov.com/~elein
There is more information there about the book and
the consulting services that are available.

Josh, you're doing a very useful thing here with your coordination.
For myself, I would like to make and maintain contacts of people
using PostgreSQL locally.  I would also like very much to help
increase the usage of postgresql and help people understand
ORDBMS technology.

Cheers,

elein
elein(at)norcov(dot)com