Re: sub-select trouble: wrong SQL or PostgreSQL issue?

From: patrick <patrick+pgsql(at)boxsoft(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: sub-select trouble: wrong SQL or PostgreSQL issue?
Date: 2002-10-24 09:15:44
Lists: pgsql-sql

Thank you both for your prompt responses. Bug #526 (as Tom
pointed out) does look very similar to my problem.

I'll attempt to upgrade my development PostgreSQL and
eventually my production servers if all goes well.

Thanks again,

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 11:28:01PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Is it possible that the sub-selects are somehow
> >> affecting the result sets?
>
> > I think you want to upgrade, 7.3beta at least gives your
> > expected output on all the queries when I tried it. I don't
> > currently have a 7.2.* system to test on here to try it
> > with that series.
>
> I think this may be the same problem as bug #526,
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2001-11/msg00168.php
> If so, the fix is in 7.2.*.
>
> regards, tom lane

sidster
--
They who would sacrifice freedom for security will have neither.
-Ben Franklin