Bug #802: Can't short hungarian database with PostgreSQL on Debian/Woody

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug #802: Can't short hungarian database with PostgreSQL on Debian/Woody
Date: 2002-10-22 12:29:20
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Lajos Barf (l(dot)barf(at)hvg(dot)hu) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
Can't short hungarian database with PostgreSQL on Debian/Woody

Long Description
Dear Developers!

I want to use PostgreSQL with Hungarian national location and character set.
I installed it on Debian/Woody with --enable-locale and --enable-multibyte options.
(The postgres user's special enviroment variables were setting (export LANG=hu_HU,
export LC_CTYPE=hu_HU, export LC_COLLATE=hu_HU, export LC_ALL=hu_HU
export USE_LOCALE=hu_HU) .
The installation was succesful. The PostgreSQL works, but the ordering
(with hungarian special national characters) isn't operate.
I tried a lot of installation method (etc. %env_var%=hu_HU.ISO8859-2,
--enable-multibyte=LATIN2, ...), but the ordering has never operated.
Yesterday I installed the PostgreSQL on a Debian/Potato release with the same procedure
and it worked properly.
I would like to use the PostgreSQL on Woody release anyhow, but I don't know what to do/try next.
I would be glad to recevie any suggestion or working example for this.

Thank you for your fast answer.

With best regards

Lajos Barf
IT professional

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report

pgsql-bugs by date

Previous:From: Sedlak AntonDate: 2002-10-22 11:00:00
Subject: Error in chkpass.c (contrib area) with suggestion