Re: RPMs for Red Hat 8.0

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: jburski(at)cloudnet(dot)com, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RPMs for Red Hat 8.0
Date: 2002-10-18 22:06:53
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Friday 18 October 2002 11:02 am, jburski wrote:
> I've just installed Red Hat 8.0. The distro include
> PostgreSQL version 7.2.2, but only the *base* parts - no
> "devel", "odbc", "perl", etc. RPMs.

They should be on one of the three CD's. You won't find the postgresql-tk or
postgresql-test ones, though.

Barring that, if you have all the necessary development languages, tools, and
libraries installed, you can grab the source RPM (on one of the two source
CD's) and rpm --rebuild it, looking in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386 for it.

Optimizing the compile for anything but i386 doesn't produce significantly
better results in my experience. I welcome benchmark results to prove me
wrong :-).
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio