Re: multi-column btree index for real values

From: Martin Weinberg <weinberg(at)osprey(dot)astro(dot)umass(dot)edu>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Martin Weinberg <weinberg(at)osprey(dot)astro(dot)umass(dot)edu>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: multi-column btree index for real values
Date: 2002-10-05 23:05:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Ok. I don't have the disk space to migrate to 7.3 right now.
Our database is about 500 million tuples with about 100 fields.
However, I checked out the beta source and noticed the following new
lines near line 934 in src/backend/access/rtree/rtree.c in 7.2.2:

+ pfree(DatumGetPointer(union_dl));
+ pfree(DatumGetPointer(union_dr));

Looks like a leak fix to me. Patching these in, I found that the leak
is much reduced; still looks like a tiny leak remains. We will try
7.3beta asap.

Thanks.

Bruce Momjian wrote on Sat, 05 Oct 2002 17:39:45 EDT