On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> writes:
> > > Bruce Momjian writes:
> > >> I don't think we want a branch for 7.4 yet. We still have lots of open
> > >> issues and the branch will require double-patching.
> > > Merge the changes on the 7.3 branch into the 7.4 branch after 7.3 is
> > > released.
> > Why is that better than the other direction?
> > We can't afford to allow much divergence between the two branches so
> > long as we are engaged in wholesale double-patching, so I think it
> > really comes down to the same thing in the end: we are not ready for 7.4
> > development to start in earnest, whether there's a CVS branch for it or
> > not.
> Yes. We need a decision now because I don't know which branch to touch.
> Marc, I need your feedback on these ideas. There is discussion about
> fixing earthdistance. Perhaps we fix that and remove the 7.3 tag and
> just have everyone CVS checkout again.
Go with Peter's suggestion about committing on one of the branches (v7.3
or v7.4, doesn't matter, unless Peter knows something I don't insofar as
merging from branch->trunk vs trunk->branch?) ... then when we are ready
to start letting it all diverge, we can just re-sync the opposite branch
and keep on with development ...
In response to
pgsql-hackers by date
|Next:||From: Marc G. Fournier||Date: 2002-09-30 16:56:23|
|Subject: Re: 7.2.3 fixes (was Re: Cause of missing pg_clog files)|
|Previous:||From: Marc G. Fournier||Date: 2002-09-30 16:52:25|
|Subject: Re: CVS split problems|