SSL code fixed

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, bgiles(at)coyotesong(dot)com
Subject: SSL code fixed
Date: 2002-09-26 04:40:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Jan Wieck wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > Because the new 7.3 SSL code doesn't work (per Peter), and the author is
> > not responding, I am about to yank out that code. Peter suggests
> > ripping out all the new code rather than try to pick around and remove
> > just the broken parts.
>
> Agreed. I allways wondered what SSL DB-connections are good for.

OK, I have aplied the following patch to allow SSL to work without
client certificates. There was some confusion in the code because while
the comments said client certificates were not required, the
infrastructure on the client side was required. This patch removes the
requirement, and adds a comment so Bear can make adjustments for 7.4. I
don't think we ever want to _require_ client-side certificates.

I did not remove the code because after quick review I saw that his code
actually filled in areas our pre-7.3 code was missing. I will have him
review this patch and make any adjustments.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/plain 3.2 KB