Re: IODBC32.DLL: Access Violation

From: "CN LIOU" <cnliou(at)graffiti(dot)net>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: IODBC32.DLL: Access Violation
Date: 2002-09-25 12:52:41
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Thank you very much! Hiroshi,

> > psqlODBC 7.02.0002 + PostgreSql 7.2.1 + Borland BDE +Windows95.

[snip]

> > Thus, I am trying to use TEXT column instead - and fail, too:
> >
> > create table MyTable (c1 integer,c2 text);
> > --Then fill up value2 with string value using Delphi.
> > INSERT INTO MyTable VALUES(:value1,:value2)
> >
> > The INSERT results in Access Violation from IDODBC32.DLL.
> > Please note that value2 is about 55 kbytes in size and contains
> > some low values, '\0' in terms of C. Can this be the problem
> > confusing pgsqlODBC?
>
> Yes.

I have then also removed low values from the string but AV remains. I have set the pgsqlODBC switches according to the instructions in:

http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/psqlodbc/faq/faq.php?faq_id=61

Can '\r' or '\n' be a problem? What are the allowed/disallowed characters in LongVarChar (to be sent to postgreSQL TEXT data type column)?

CN