IODBC32.DLL: Access Violation

From: "CN LIOU" <cnliou(at)graffiti(dot)net>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: IODBC32.DLL: Access Violation
Date: 2002-09-24 02:06:51
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi!

psqlODBC 7.02.0002 + PostgreSql 7.2.1 + Borland BDE + Windows95.

ODBC behaves very strangely for bytea:

create table MyTable (c1 integer,c2 bytea);
--Then fill up value2 with blob value using Borland Delphi.
INSERT INTO MyTable VALUES(:value1,:value2)

The inserted row is really odd - c2 contains the OID pointing to the blob data. Though I don't know where the blob data actually reside, lo_export command does export the blob data to Linux file system. The even more serious problem I cannot circumvent is that I don't know how to retrieve that blob data from PostgreSQl through psqlODBC. This is because psqlODBC seems to not be able to return blob field type for BDE.

Thus, I am trying to use TEXT column instead - and fail, too:

create table MyTable (c1 integer,c2 text);
--Then fill up value2 with string value using Delphi.
INSERT INTO MyTable VALUES(:value1,:value2)

The INSERT results in Access Violation from IODBC32.DLL.
Please note that value2 is about 55 kbytes in size and contains some low values, '\0' in terms of C. Can this be the problem confusing pgsqlODBC?

I am in dilemma. Please help!

CN