Re: Installation location of DLLs

From: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Installation location of DLLs
Date: 2002-09-16 15:29:01
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

[Sorry for the sluggish response time, but I just returned from

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 08:39:17PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Jason Tishler writes:
> > I actually recommended this (via a patch) in the past, but it was
> > vetoed by you. :,)  I have been post-processing "make install" ever
> > since.  I would be very happy if you would reconsider this position.
> I remember.  I'm not saying that I like this very much, but if there's
> reputable precedent we might as well go along with it.

I'm not sure whether this qualifies as a "reputable precedent," but
AFAICT most (if not all) Cygwin packages following this recommendation.

> OTOH, we currently don't have a clean way to distinguish between
> imported and dlopen'able DLLs in the build system, so I'm not sure how
> to implement this cleanly.

You would probably know the cleanest way.  However if you wish, I will
try to dig up my old patch.