Re: Earth Distance patch

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Earth Distance patch
Date: 2002-09-12 15:28:39
Lists: pgsql-patches
On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 10:35:49 -0400,
> Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to> writes:
> > The attached patch defines functions for getting distances between points
> > on the surface of the earth and locating points within a specified distance
> > using an index based on the contrib/cube package. The new functions are
> > all of language type sql.
>
> Is this bug fix, or new features?  We are past the point of accepting
> new features for 7.3.

Some of both.

I found some bugs in the original earthdistance code while trying to make
up regression tests.

If you would like I can split this. I can submit the bug fixes and a regression
test for the old stuff. And then after 7.3 comes out, resubmit the additional
documentation, functions (all of language type sql) and regression tests.